Electricity bills in Nigeria have skyrocketed needless say, I just want to know if there affordable power generation alternatives available for Nigerians?
- The most accepted and affordable power alternative in Nigeria as of 2021 has got to be Solar power which is ofcourse power gotten directly from the sun light.
Solar energy is the cleanest and most abundant renewable energy source available, and the other countries of the world are currently preferring solar more that any other forms of power generation .
Solar technologies can harness this energy for a variety of uses, including generating electricity, providing light or a comfortable interior environment, and heating water for domestic, commercial, or industrial use.
2. Another alternative to traditional power generation you might want to consider as a Nigeria would be the use of storage batteries. in this alternative you might ague that its not a power generation technique but rather a power storage technique, in are completely right after’all but as Nigerian’s what to do naaa?
How does this work?
- Purchase high capacity storage batteries
- charge with electricity when ever it comes
- when fully charge you can run on this batteries as long as it can last, usually its last according to its capacity.
3. Final alternative is your self power generators sets
as much as I hate to say this, the self power generators are the savior of most Nigeria house holds and even Nigeria based industries. its could have been a fine alternative but we all know that generators come with loads of disadvantages:
- Noise: This should be a consideration when selecting a generator. Diesel units can be very noisy, so they’re often placed away from work areas. Today, there are also soundproof barriers that business owners can use to reduce the sound in the workplace.
- Costs Maintenance : the cost of running and maintaining either a petrol or a diesel generator is very expensive, you might fine PHED more economical than running gen.
- Accessibility: You should keep in mind that fuel may not be accessible during a blackout. You don’t want to find yourself without a power source, so remember to keep a supply of diesel fuel on-hand at all times to avoid disruption to your operation.
- Emissions: One of the major drawbacks of diesel generators is that they produce carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxide, particulate matter, and other dangerous exhausts that release into the atmosphere. Those concerned about environmental sustainability might find that a natural gas generator is a better option since it is a cleaner burning fuel.
- Bulk: While extremely sturdy, diesel engines are made from big and heavy components that can make repairs expensive. However, this can often be mitigated by the low maintenance requirements and fuel efficiency.
Advise from Problemfix Power Professional:
we advise you alternate between solar power, Batteries and maybe PHCN with prepaid meters. the idea is, when there enough sun for the day, you will completely switch off from PHCN and use charges from your batteries and when the batteries goes down and there is light, you quickly charge them with light and switch of completely again from PHCN that way you will save a lot of money.