Nothing takes a man back words more than to see all his efforts go down in couple of moments, there are hackers every where this days moreso there are web robots who has the ability to mess things up.
There many reasons a blogger might need to restore blog to previous state, some of such reasons could be:
- BAD PLUGIN EXPERIENCE
One bad plugin install have the ability to mess with your blog settings and blog settings can be very difficult to figure out sometime. in a case where blog have been messed up by bad plugin, the one solution can be restoring your blog to the formal state, and this can only be posible if you had backedup eailer.
I know you must have installed security on your blog, but sometime, hack can happen, you never know this days,
when a hack happens the only way to get back is to restore your wordpress blog through any of these plugin we will be shearing with you in no time.
3. WRONG SETTINGS
sometime out of quest to get things right you can make a setting that jeopardize the sweetness of your blog and wish to revert, dont worry there smarter ways to revert to old setting if you use wordpress to make your blog.
now lets dive it our list of 5 free wordpress plugin for backups and restore,
NO1 UPDRAFT PLUS
This plugin is currently taking the lead when it comes to backing up and restoring blogs, as at the time of writing this content, this powerful plugin already have 3Millon plus active installation and 100 percent rating, the updraft plus plugin have premium packages but the free package works just perfectly.
- Restores, as well as backing up
- Backs up to more cloud options than any others
- Allows you to set up automatic backup schedules, for the ultimate in convenience
- Is faster, using up fewer server resources
is a plugin almost another name to wordpress security, speed and backup, with wooping 5Million plus active activation, Jetpack is considered a very effective plugin use to backup and restore blogs when things have gone wrong.
essential features like brute force protection and downtime / uptime monitoring are completely free, more so:
- Back up your site automatically in real time and restore to any point with one click. Unlimited storage for your backup. Great for eCommerce stores especially Woo.
- Easily duplicate, clone, or migrate your site whether you want to create a staging site or move to a new host.
- See every site change and who made it with the activity log, great for coordination, debug, maintenance, or troubleshooting.
- Automatic scan for malware and other code threats. One click fix to restore your site for malware.
- Block spam comments and form responses with anti spam features powered by Akismet.
- Brute force attack protection to protect your WordPress login page from attacks.
- Monitor your site uptime / downtime and get an instant alert of any change by email.
- Secure WordPress.com powered login used by millions of sites with optional 2FA (two factor authentication) for extra protection.
- Auto update individual plugins for easy site maintenance and management.
NO3 All-in-One WP Migration
This plugin exports your WordPress website including the database, media files, plugins and themes with no technical knowledge required.
Upload your site to a different location with a drag and drop in to WordPress.
There is an option to apply an unlimited number of find and replace operations on your database during the export process. The plugin will also fix any
serialisation problems that occur during the find/replace operation.
Mobile device compatible: All-in-One WP Migration is the first plugin to offer true mobile experience on WordPress versions 3.3 and up.
NO4 WP Staging
WP STAGING FOR WORDPRESS MIGRATION & CLONING
This duplicator, staging and backup plugin can create an exact copy of your entire website in seconds.* Great for staging, backup or development purposes.
(Cloning and Backup time depends on the size of your website)
This clone plugin creates a clone of your website into a subfolder or subdomain (Pro) of your main WordPress installation. The clone includes an entire copy of your database.